Recipe: Yummy Guilt-Free Caesar Salad
The words “Caesar salad” may sound like a diet buster. But, wait! Our Guilt-Free Caesar Salad recipe lets you feed your heart while you love your food. Win/win. While you’re at it, make some extra dressing to store in the refrigerator for your next craving.
Makes 6 servings
- 6 cups of romaine lettuce leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp shaved Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp reduced fat mayo with olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. In large bowl, place the first three ingredients, set aside.
2. In small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients until well blended. Add to salad and toss gently to evenly coat entire salad.
3. Serve immediately. If serving at a later time, store salad and dressing separately and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 63; Fat 4 gm; Total Carbs 5 gm; Sugars 3 gm; Fiber 1.75 gm; Protein 3 gm; Sodium 155 mg
Sign Up for Health Tips
Get our advice and upcoming events about weight, pain, heart and more.